Fender Custom Shop ’57 Stratocaster Heavy Relic
2009 Fender Custom Shop 57 Strat
Serial # R48010
This ’57 Heavy Relic Stratocaster looks like its spent years on the road. The one-piece maple neck is carved into an old school soft “V” profile and has been well-worn and broken in with a heavily worn maple fingerboard loaded with 21 Dunlop cut 6105 frets for that coveted vintage Strat playability.
The 1957 Heavy Relic Stratocaster comes fully equipped with a set of vintage style pickups that have also been aged, which include a custom shop fat ’50s Stratocaster in the neck for improved bass response for that extra “umph” in the low end, a Reverse Wound/Reverse Polarity ’50s Stratocaster pickup in the middle to eliminate excess noise (when using positions 2 & 4 of the toggle) and a ’69 Strat pickup that’s ahead of its time in the bridge position. Remiscent of a modded vintage Strat, this ’57 Heavy Relic Strat employs a 5-way toggle rather then typical 3-way used to obtain those sweet in between tones. To top it all off, all of the hardware exhibits substantial rusting down to each and every screw, just as a 50+ year old instrument would.
This package is completed by the vintage style tweed hardshell case, providing this 1957 Heavy Relic Stratocaster with the ultimate protection while maintaining its retro vibe. Included inside the case is a Fender Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity, a black tweed Fender Custom Shop instrument cable, a Fender Custom Shop guitar strap, guitar picks, a bridge cover, a Fender Custom Shop bumper sticker, Fender Custom Shops Custom Care Registration and owner’s manual.
Specs / Features:
- Ash Body
- Body Finish: Blonde White Heavy Relic Thin Skin Lacquer
- Neck: Closet Classic/Heavy Relic Quartersawn Maple Neck
- Neck Profile: ’57 Soft “V”
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Thickness at 1st/12th Fret: .850”/.990”
- Fingerboard: Worn Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5”
- Frets: 21, Cut Dunlop 6105
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650”
- Pickups: Custom Shop Fat ’50s Stratocaster (Neck), Reverse Wound/Reverse Polarity ’50s Stratocaster (Middle), ’69 Stratocaster (Bridge)
- Electronics: 5-Way Switch, 1 Volume Control and 2 Tone Controls (White Relic Knobs)
- Hardware: Aged Chrome
- Bridge: Stratocaster Vintage Relic Bridge with Vintage Tremolo Arm with While Relic Tip
- Tuning Machines: Heavy Relic Vintage Style Tuners
- Includes Tweed Hardshell Case, Certificate of Authenticity, Instrument Cable, Guitar Strap, Picks, Bridge Cover, Polishing Cloth, Tool Box Kit, Bumper Sticker, Custom Care Registration and Owner’s Manual